Friday, March 4, 2011

A little randomness about the new English Teaching job!

I'm almost finished with The Stolen Crown by Susan Higginbotham, but I have around 100 pages left to read, so I'm thinking I'll probably review it on here Sunday some time.

I have yet to receive my 'intent to hire' from Tartesso Elementary School in Buckeye, AZ. I'm not sure why it's taking so long? Possibly because there is really no rush for it, or maybe the postal system is just not buzzing along like I would like it to! The principal did ask if I had received it yet, so I guess they're not trying to blow me off! I am really curious to look over it, and see what it entails, as this will be my first 'intent to hire'!
I figured that since I'm not writing a review today (more because I'm being lazy than a lack of books to review!) I figured that I would just post a couple of pictures of my future 'home.'

Pretty well situated, at least I like to think! 3 1/2 hours away from Las Vegas and the Gulf of California. Also, only around 4 hours from Las Angeles. Not to mention the amazing things there are right around Buckeye!

A picture I took right around where the school I was hired at.

Awesome scenery for hiking. I actually WANTED to work out!

Yay! Me and the cactus that 'attacked' me.


My future place of employment, if all goes well! I know it says "elementary," but it is a k-8 school, and I'm certified in English 7-12.

The entrance to driving into the housing complex where the school is located.

Yup, this is what it looks like at night in the housing complex!

Pretty much 80-90% of the homes around the school where I will be teaching look like this, or nicer. Definitely a richy, rich neighborhood! 


As time goes on, and the more I think about it and look at pictures, the more excited I get. It's been a rough winter here in Northwest Pennsylvania, and as much as I love my family, I'm ready to get out of this weather! I know I can always come back home, but I may never have the chance to move across the country and teach! I figure that I need to go out there and give it a try for a couple of years. I can keep my eyes open for opportunities closer to home, and eventually move closer to PA, but for now I have nothing holding me back, so why the hell not!?

Ok, I'm done rambling. I'll be back to the book reviewing either tomorrow of Sunday! 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! The West is a wonderful place to live. (I miss Colorado quite a bit, especially when we get weeks of gray days in the Northeast)

    ReplyDelete