Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin





A completely amazing book! I never thought I would like anything that had to do w/ fantasy, but this novel mixed fantasy AND history....so therefore I loved it! It took me a little bit to get into the book, but as soon as I got a few chapters in and shit started to get crazy, I couldn't put it down! I just finished reading it for a second time recently, and it was even better the second time! The first time I read it, it was so hard to get used to all of the crazy names and different characters, but the second time I read it I was able to really follow along and understand it. It's in a series of 4 books (so far), and hopefully the fifth will be coming out soon. I'm re-reading the first four books, so that I'm up to date for the fifth b/c it's been awhile since I've read the whole series. And, they created a show for HBO that is beginning in April! I cannot wait for it to start! i got HBO just so that I'll be able to watch the show!
So, if you like a book that has magic, sex, war, murder, and where you never know what will happen next, then this series is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment